Muscle groups targeted: Abdominals, Shoulders, Glutes, Hamstrings
Tip: Practice this without the board first and get the motion down.
This is hard, really hard, but really a fun exercise once you get used to it. It's meant to not only challenge you physically, but also mentally. In the video Lia is doing the hardest version. Going from a 'W' pass to an '8' pass. You can do just W or just 8 if that is more comfortable for you.
If you want to work abdominals and train balance, this is the workout for you.
- Stand on the balance board with a comfortable stance and knees slightly bent.
- Place a kettlebell on the board between your legs.
- Bend forward from the hips and keep your back flat/straight.
- Steady yourself; you will wobble on the board when first learning this exercise.
- Pick up the kettlebell with one hand and pass it to your other hand between your legs in a 'W' fashion.
- Once you have completed a 'W' with the Kettlebell, switch to passing it in an '8' fashion.
- For the rest of the set continue with passing it 'W' then '8'. So W, 8, W, 8...
- Keep working on form and balance and continue for several repetitions.
- Try doing just a set of a 'W' style passes or '8' style passes. Do this if going W, 8, W, 8 is overly difficult.
- Try not rising at all with each pass and stay bent forward for the whole set.
- Try pushing the kettlebell out further letting is swing more.
About Manchester Gym
Located in the Green Mountains of Vermont, The Manchester Gym is the place to be for all your fitness and balance training needs. They offer personal training to get you on the right path, group fitness classes like Zumba, Cardio Boot Camp, Yoga and more; plus they have an impressive weight room with state-of-the-art equipment.